Working a day job and building an empire can be a daunting experience for the body and mind. Approximately eight hours is spent at your day job leaving only the evenings to yourself to build your empire. With just twenty-four hours in a day this can mean little to zero hours of sleep. How do you adjust? Have you ever been in this situation? Recently, I realized by the time I come home from work I am hungry and exhausted and just want to relax. 0__0. But I know if I continue with that habit, my empire will not be built and I will continue to endure the “rat race” ie 9 to 5 employments. Even though there isn’t anything wrong with a 9 to 5 job, I just believe in my empire more and it’s up to me to make it happen.
Adjusting to a new schedule may take some time and getting accustomed. But if you solely focus on the main goal and not allow yourself to get clouded by the other things, you should be alright. Here are 7 ways to maximize your time:
- Wake up early: Start your day early and be mentality prepared to do some work once that alarm goes off. Stay away from that snooze button!
- Utilize a planner: Creating a “to do” list is very useful in ensuring you complete your entire task.
- Create deadlines: Deadlines are a clear indicator that something MUST be completed by this date and time. When you make deadlines, stick to them. Do not procrastinate and put things off because you know you can. Get the job done.
- Do not take on more than you can handle: We all fall short in this area because we like to feel like we are Superwomen and can do any and everything. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself to the point where things are not being done to your full potential.
- Schedule social time: I know we all wish life was a party everyday but until we are that secure with our careers and finances, some of us have to work. Scheduling social time lets you and your friends know only during this time can I go out and have a good time. Do not get too caught up in the social life that your daily tasks get pushed to the back burner.
- Eat healthy and exercise: Your food intake is very important in maximizing your time and potential. If you feel like crap, odds are your production will be minimal. Try to eat more fresh vegetables and fruits and exercise. *I am still learning this concept, something about those cinnabuns always get me!
- Get some rest: The motto #TeamNoSleep is popular but our bodies aren’t designed to not rest at all. Make sure you allocate down time to recharge your body and let your mind rest. This will go a long way. If you’re burnt out, how can you function to get any work done? Schedule down time!
These are just a few tips to help maximize your time. Staying fit and healthy is a major component of this and with patience and diligence we all can make healthier decisions and build our empires. What are your tips for maximizing your time?